- Differential signaling provides protection from EMI/RFI interference.
- It can be cascaded to support even more speakers and monitors.
- No software required.
- Send signals up to 750 feet (228.6 m).
- The receiver features a new potentiometer to adjust video compensation, eliminating DIP switches.
Make sure your presentation gets the attention it deserves - broadcast your message in both audio and video.
Most computer monitors have built-in speakers for audio - but most video splitters only support video. The Black Box® Compact CAT5 Audio/Video Splitter enables you to send both stereo audio and video from a CPU to multiple computer monitors. Your audience can not only see what you're broadcasting, but they can also hear it.
Easy to install
Just order a splitter for the CPU end plus a receiver (AC155A-R2) for each remote station (go to "Related Products"). Then plug in the cables and you're ready to go. There's no software to install, and there are no switches to set. Because the Compact CAT5 Audio/Video Splitter uses CAT5 cable (shielded CAT5 is recommended), you may even be able to use it on the cabling you already have installed! And with a range of up to 750 feet (228.6 m), this splitter can send your broadcasts to even the most remote areas in your building.
The splitter comes in both a 2-channel and an 8-channel version. If you need to broadcast to more than eight monitors, you can easily cascade splitters.
Wide range of applications
Uses for the versatile Compact CAT5 Audio/Video Splitter are limited only by your imagination:
- Broadcast important real-time information such as arrivals and departures at an airport or stock prices at an exchange to multiple remote monitors. With the addition of stereo audio, you can also broadcast sound. For instance, you can add a sound effect to signal a change of screens, or you can broadcast announcements as a voice-over.
- Broadcast video promotions or product demonstrations. Whether in a retail store, showroom, window display, or trade show, your presentation will get far more attention if it includes stereo audio as well as video.
- Send both stereo audio and video to two remote speakers and monitors.
- Operate over inexpensive shielded CAT5 cable.
- Support VGA video up to 1280 x 1024 at 60 to 85 Hz.