- Link fault passthrough enhances the integrity of the copper and fiber links.
- Far-end fault detection keeps data from being sent over an invalid link.
- Easy to configure with DIP switch.
- Multimode and single-mode models.
- RoHS compliant.
Top performance in a compact chassis. Bridge long-distance Fast Ethernet fiber optic segments with Ethernet or Fast Ethernet copper cabling, all without the need for a local power supply. Because the converter is compatible with 802.3af PoE standard, it draws its power via UTP cable connected to a PoE PSE, such as our PoE L2 Managed Gigabit Ethernet Switch (LPB200A). This setup makes the converter ideal for remote areas of a network without AC power outlets.
- Translate 10-/100-Mbps copper media to 100-Mbps fiber optic connections.
- Connect to PoE switches, mid-span hubs, or other 802.3af power source equipment (PSE).
- Work as powered devices (PD) that receive their power from the spare pairs of copper data cable.