The Crestron DM-NAX-8ZSA is a next generation Audio-over-IP (AoIP) amplifier that puts Crestron multiroom audio distribution on the network. It provides eight amplified stereo zone (16-channel) outputs. Four stereo line-level outputs mirror speaker zone outputs 1-4. A dedicated streaming service player for each of the eight zones enables complete freedom to stream different content in every zone.
DM NAX™ is built on the AES67 standards with additional ease of configuration via a web interface, SIMPL Windows, C#, and/or a RESTful API. It is compatible with DM-NVX® through the AES67 secondary audio stream and also with third-party AES67 solutions and Dante® via the compatibility mode enabled through Dante Controller. Full DSP capabilities are available on the line and speaker outputs.
Voltage triggers corresponding to the 4 stereo line-level analog outputs can be used to power on and off connected external amplifiers. The DM-NAX-8ZSA supports Synchronized Control to establish a large network of DM NAX devices that are all managed from a single interface.
DM NAX takes audio distribution to a whole new level by putting it onto the network. The scale of DM NAX far exceeds the capabilities of previous generations of Crestron distributed audio. A single Synchronized Control system can distribute audio to 32 devices, for a possible 256 audio output zones. DM NAX units integrate with DM NVX devices to pull audio from video feeds for rooms without displays.
Streaming and Casting Services
A dedicated streaming service player for each of the zones supporting AirPlay® 2, Spotify Connect™, Pandora®, SiriusXM®, iHeartRadio®, and more. The DM-NAX-8ZSA delivers streaming, routing, distribution, and amplification in a single device. Streams can be routed to other non-streaming AoIP amplifiers.
Amazon® Voice Service is currently only supported when using the DM-NAX-8ZSA with Crestron Home™.
- Audio-over-IP (AoIP) amplifier, puts Crestron® multiroom distributed audio on the network
- Robust, high-efficiency, audiophile grade amplification
- Built-in streaming services support
- 2 RU form factor, low power consumption, cool-running operation
- Built-in chime support
- Voice control support for Crestron Home™ OS
- 150 Watts/Ch. at 8 Ohms or 300 Watts/Ch. at 4 Ohms, with zones bridgeable up to 500 Watts/Ch.
- Provides eight amplified stereo zone (16-channel) outputs
- Four stereo line-level outputs mirror speaker zone outputs 1-4
- Output Bussing — enables linked operation of multiple adjacent zones
- Connects directly to a managed network to route to or from other DM NAX and DM NVX® devices
- Interoperable with Dante® audio networking devices via AES67 compatibility
- Includes 4 stereo unbalanced analog RCA and 4 SPDIF (2 TOSLINK® and 2 Coaxial) audio inputs
- Full DSP capabilities
- Individual zone power control and global standby
- Streamlined setup and adjustment via the device’s web interface
- Seamless Crestron system integration with Crestron Home and SIMPL Windows programming
- Support for Synchronized Control