SAN JOSE, Calif. - Feb. 27, 2013 - Polycom, Inc. (Nasdaq: PLCM), the global leader in open, standards-based unified communications and collaboration (UC&C), today unveiled the Polycom® VVX® 300 and Polycom® VVX® 400 Business Media Phones designed to improve productivity and facilitate collaboration for office and cubicle work environments such as call centers, front desks and administrative and corporate offices. The Polycom VVX 300 and Polycom VVX 400 solutions extend the existing portfolio of Polycom® VVX® Business Media Phones, which also include business phones with video capabilities (see the related press release). New plug-in expansion modules for the Polycom VVX 300, VVX 400, VVX 500 and VVX 600 also add more programmable line keys, making it easier for power users to manage a high volume of calls and contacts.
10 Million Audio Devices and Counting
With an expansive product line of innovative audio technology, which includes the legendary Polycom® SoundStation® conference phones, Polycom VVX Business Media Phones and other devices, Polycom has been the industry leader in audio conferencing solutions for more than 20 years. Showcasing the company's continued innovation and commitment to providing the best possible communication experience, Polycom today also announced it recently shipped more than 10 million audio devices since the company's founding in 1990.
"Polycom VVX Business Media Phones are an affordable, enterprise-grade solution that seamlessly connects with employees' existing workflow and applications, such as calendars and address books, which can help workers in any industry be more productive," said Jim Kruger, Senior Vice President, Product and Solutions Marketing, Polycom. "Having now shipped 10 million audio devices, our conference phones have brought billions of people together for more productive work outcomes. The Polycom VVX 300 and VVX 400 Business Media Phones integrate into a wide range of unified communications environments and have the industry's best sound quality through features like Polycom HD Voice and patented Polycom Acoustic Clarity Technology for crystal-clear calls without echoes, drop-outs or feedback."
"Polycom VVX Business Media Phones have collaboration features that traditional phone systems cannot match, giving us the communication power we need at a price we can afford," said Peter Nowak, President, Design Electric, a full-service electrical contractor specializing in commercial, industrial and residential buildings. "We experience superior voice quality with Polycom audio solutions, which are hosted for us by Megapath, one of the leading providers of hosted voice services."
The new Polycom VVX 300 is a powerful entry-level business media phone with 6 programmable line keys, ideal for today's cubicle workers that handle a low-to-moderate volume of calls. The Polycom VVX 400 is a mid-range business media phone with 12 programmable line keys and a larger color screen for ease of use and enhanced call-handling for knowledge workers and administrative assistants. Both solutions deliver benefits including:
- Ease of Use - The elegant, modern design includes features such as large screens with an intuitive user interface and programmable line keys that make it easy to manage calls and contacts. With access to common workplace applications, users can view and manage their calendars, receive meeting reminders and alerts, and search the corporate directory.
- Ease of Installation and Setup - Reducing total cost of ownership, organizations can deploy Polycom VVX phones on their existing networks with open SIP-based call control platforms. With Polycom's zero-touch provisioning and Web-based configuration tool, the VVX Business Media Phones are simple and inexpensive to administer, upgrade and maintain.
- Easy integration with third-party applications - Through a built-in Web browser, users can easily receive information such as weather, sports and stocks. Using the provided open APIs, developers can integrate the Polycom VVX solutions with other business and UC&C applications.
New accessories for the Polycom VVX product line include expansion modules that are easy to plug in and provide power users such as receptionists and administrative assistants more programmable line keys to help them manage a high volume of contacts and calls.
- The Polycom VVX Color Expansion Module is available in high-resolution LCD. Each module has 3 pages of line keys, with each page supporting 28 illuminated bi-color programmable line keys.
- The Polycom VVX Expansion Module features 40 programmable line keys.
For set-up versatility, the expansion modules are compatible with the VVX 300, VVX 400, VVX 500 and VVX 600 Business Media Phones, and each VVX phone can support up to three expansion modules. Additional options include the Polycom® VVX® 310 and Polycom® VVX® 410 Business Media Phones, which offer gigabit Ethernet connections.
The Polycom VVX 300, VVX310, VVX400, VVX 410, Polycom VVX Expansion Module and Polycom VVX Color Expansion Module will be available in select countries worldwide in April. The Polycom VVX 300 will be available at US$179, Polycom VVX 310 at $US219, Polycom VVX 400 at US$259, Polycom VVX 410 at US$299, Polycom VVX Expansion Module at US$105, and Polycom VVX Color Expansion Module at US$225.